Women's Social Smash - Cricket Australia
Swing into cricket this summer in Cricket Australia’s Women’s Social Smash!
Belgravia Leisure has partnered with Cricket Australia to present the Women's Social Smash! Whether you're a seasoned veteran, a backyard champion, a cricket mum or new to the game, Women’s Social Smash is a fun program to suit all ages & abilities.
Loftus Recreation Centre is participating in the Women's Social Smash. The Women’s Social Smash is playing cricket made simple. A fun and less-structured game with a focus on social interaction, less emphasis on performance or results.
Know someone who might like to give cricket a go? Invite your girlfriends, relatives, colleagues and neighbours to swing into cricket in the Women's Social Smash.
Program Details - Loftus League
Our Women's Social Smash program will run from [insert date range]. Games will be held at [game location] and the program will be led by our very own League Champion, [insert name]. Round up your female peers to join the fun with us. See below for a further outline of some great events we'll be running as part of the Women's Social Smash.
|Program start [insert date]|
|End of season celebration|
- Teams of 8 players
- 16 x 6 ball overs per innings
- 16m pitch length
- Boundary size is 30m
- Soft ball
Playing the game
- 3 fielders on each side of the pitch, bowler and wicket-keeper
- Fielders rotate one position clockwise at the end of each over
- Batters bat in pairs for 4 x 6 ball overs (regardless of dismissals)
- Overs shall be spread as evenly as possible between all players
- Wides and no balls are not re-bowled however the next delivery is a Free Hit
- Each time a wicket is taken, the fielding team shall receive 5 bonus runs which are added to their total runs scored
- The team with the highest number of runs is the winner after adding runs scored off the bat and bonus runs together
Check out these great benefits of the Women's Social Smash:
- Equal participation for all players
- A game for women of all ages and abilities
- Games completed in 60-90 mins
- Uses a soft ball - no padding required
- All equipment provided
- Team atmosphere
- Played for fun, nothing too serious
- Scaled field
- Make new friends
- Mix & mingle post-game
- Celebrate at end of the season